Te Kauwhata College recently hosted the Science Roadshow. This was a great opportunity for Junior Science Students to explore various science and technology concepts by ‘touch and feel’. The Roadshow :
- nurtures curiosity and discovery;
- improves motivation and attitude;
- adds to teacher knowledge;
- supports numeracy and literacy;
- encourages social interaction and cooperative learning;
- provides memorable real life contextual elements and exemplars.
There were 70 hands-on exhibits (in six themes) and two demonstrations.
Our student helpers were Shania Prasad, Summa Black, Riley Burt, Evie Hopwell, Aniykah Ratahi, Cody Brown, Isla Maxwell, Charmaine Gray, Hamish Norris, Harper Tuhimata, Adyson Sa, Jodeci Epiha and Liam Barlow.
Great work guys, and thank you!