For announcements and notices click here >>
Music at Te Kauwhata College
Why learn Music at Te Kauwhata College?
“Music expresses feeling and thought, without language; it was below and before speech, and it is above and beyond all words.”
Robert G. Ingersoll
In Music students will:
* Work individually and collaboratively to explore, develop and refine performance skills.
* Create original musical ideas to develop and refine within a number of compositions.
* Investigate a range of musical styles and genres in relationship to past and present contexts.
* Develop and understanding of technology within Music, in both recording and live performance situations.
* Understand the methods of musical communication in both aural and score reading settings.
* Reflect and enrich the cultural life of their school, whaanau, and communities, through involvement and performances.
Frequently asked questions
Can I learn an instrument at TKC?
Yes! We have tutors who offer Guitar, Drum, Bass, Vocals, and Woodwind lessons
What is the cost of learning at instrument?
$20 a year for lessons. There is a $100 hire fee for woodwind instruments.
Can I learn the piano?
Unfortunately no, we do not have a piano tutor at this time.
Can I do Music at NCEA without learning an instrument?
Yes, although it is more difficult you are able to do Music at NCEA without performing an instrument.
Where can I sign up for lessons?
Fill in this form here! https://forms.gle/4VM6YaaYm4VPSQmR8